This hands-on training course builds your skills in installing, configuring, and performing common administrator tasks and enduser tasks with the VMware® Horizon Mirage™ software. This course is based on the Horizon Mirage 4.0 release.
- Experience with VMware® vSphere®
- Completion of VMware vSphere:
- Install, Configure, Manage
- Using VMware vSphere® Client™ to view the state of virtual machines, datastores, and networks
- Opening a virtual machine console in VMware® vCenterServer™ and accessing the guest operating system
- Navigating Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008
- Course Introduction
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
- Introduction to Horizon Mirage
- Explain how Horizon Mirage works
- Describe how Horizon Mirage fits into the VMware end-user computing vision
- Define the main Horizon Mirage use cases
- Explain the main features and benefits of Horizon Mirage
- Horizon Mirage Components and Architecture
- Identify the function of each of the Horizon Mirage solution components
- Define the Horizon Mirage layers
- Diagram the Horizon Mirage architecture
- Installing and Configuring Horizon Mirage
- Recognize the operating system, software requirements, and hardware requirements for a successful deployment of Horizon Mirage
- Examine the tasks for installing and configuring Horizon Mirage
- Identify the process for deploying Horizon Mirage to endpoints
- Horizon Mirage Management Console
- Recognize how to use the Mirage Management Console features to manage and monitor your Horizon Mirage system
- Base Layers and Application Layers
- Recognize the best practices for creating and assigning Base Layers and Application Layers
- Discuss how to create and assign Base Layers and Application Layers
- Describe how to create a reference machine
- Migrating a Desktop from Windows XP to Windows 7
- Recognize the steps needed to prepare your migration environment for a Windows XP to Windows 7 migration
- Identify the steps for performing a Windows XP to Windows 7 migration
- Explain how you can monitor the Windows XP to Windows 7 migration process
- Discuss the ways you can troubleshoot a migration to Windows 7
- Using Horizon Mirage for Desktop Recovery and Maintenance
- Explain the process for restoring desktop data to the current endpoint by using a CVD snapshot
- Discuss how you can use the Disaster Recovery wizard to restore a desktop image to a replacement endpoint and to a new disk drive on the same endpoint
- Performing Hardware Migrations
- Recognize the criteria for planning and performing a mass hardware migration
- Describe the process for using the Hardware Migration wizard
- Common End-User Tasks and the Horizon Mirage File Portal
- Describe how an end user performs a file-level restore and directory-level restore
- Explain the process for configuring the File Portal
- Describe how to access files using the File Portal
- Install and configure Horizon Mirage components.
- Demonstrate how to navigate and use Horizon Mirage Management Console.
- Identify the process for deploying Horizon Mirage to endpoints.
- Explain the tasks for capturing and assigning base layers and application layers.
- Identify the tasks for performing a Windows XP to Windows 7 migration.
- Define the methods of performing desktop recovery.
- Recognize how to plan and perform a mass hardware migration.
- Discuss how to install and configure Horizon Mirage File Portal and how end users access their files.
System administrators and system integrators responsible for deploying the Horizon Mirage system.
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.