CISSP® certification is a globally recognized standard of achievement that confirms an individual's knowledge in the field of information security. CISSPs are information assurance professionals who define the architecture, design, management and/or controls that assure the security of business environments. It was the first certification in the field of information security to meet the stringent requirements of ISO/IEC Standard 17024.
Confirming One's Knowledge and Experience
The CISSP exam tests one's competence in the ten CISSP domains of the (ISC)²® CBK®, which cover critical topics in security today, including risk management, cloud computing, mobile security, application development security and more. Candidates must have a minimum of five years of paid full-time work experience in two of the ten domains. This vast breadth of knowledge and the experience it takes to pass the exam is what sets the CISSP apart.
CISSPs often hold job functions including:
- Security Consultant
- Security Manager
- IT Director/Manager
- Security Auditor
- Security Architect
- Security Analyst
- Security Systems Engineer
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Director of Security
- Network Architect
About CISSP course:
It is a 5-day course that aims to qualify the attendees to attempt CISSP exam. Read more about CISSP course at Global Knowledge EGYPT.
About CISSP exam:
CISSP exam is based on the following ten domains:
- Access Control
- Telecommunications and Network Security
- Information Security Governance and Risk Management
- Software Development Security
- Security Architecture and Design
- Operations Security
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning
- Legal, Regulations, Investigations and Compliance
- Physical (Environmental) Security
How to Get Your CISSP® Certification
1. Obtain the Required Experience.
2. Study for the Exam. Read more about CISSP course at Global Knowledge EGYPT
3. Schedule the CBT Exam.
4. Pass the Exam.
5. Complete the Endorsement Process.
6. Maintain the CISSP Certification.
Candidates must have a minimum of five (5) years cumulative paid full-time work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the (ISC)² CISSP CBK®. Candidates may receive a one year experience waiver with a four-year college degree, or regional equivalent OR additional credential from the (ISC)² approved list, thus requiring four (4) years of direct full-time professional security work experience in two or more of the ten domains of the CISSP CBK.
*Don't have the experience? Become an Associate of (ISC)² by successfully passing the CISSP exam. You'll have six years to earn your experience to become a CISSP. Read more