MCITP: Server Administrator
Server administrators are recognised among their peers and managers as leaders in the daily operations management of Windows Server 2008. Demonstrate and communicate your ability to administer Windows Server 2008 systems and increase your organisation's return on technology investment by earning the MCITP: Server Administrator certification.
The MCITP: Server Administrator certification can help you develop and validate your skills in your current position, or propel you toward a future role, such as:
- Windows server administrator
- Server systems administrator
- Monitoring operator
- Network administrator
The Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) credential is the leading certification for Windows Server 2008, providing widely recognised, objective validation of your ability to perform critical, current IT job roles by using Microsoft technologies to their best advantage.
The MCITP certification:
- Focuses on a specific job role, allowing for in-depth validation of your skill set
- Allows you to earn more than one MCITP certification, demonstrating your abilities across multiple roles
- Builds on a combination of Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) prerequisites, helping you develop your technical resumé with each step in your MCITP career path
Candidates for this certification are IT professionals who want to be recognised as leaders and problem solvers in a current or future role in an organisation that uses Windows Server 2008.
Candidates should be experienced in:
- Handling day-to-day management of the server operating system, file structure, and directory services
- Handling software distribution and updates
- Monitoring servers
- Providing tier-2 troubleshooting support
- Supporting engineering and change-management projects
- Creating builds and configuring the server
- Implementing the auditing policy
- Performing scheduled vulnerability-assessment scans
- Monitoring logs for firewalls and intrusion-detection systems
How to earn your MCITP: Server Administrator certification
To earn this certification, you must pass three exams: two Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) prerequisite exams and one Professional Series exam.
If you are a Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) with Windows Server 2003 certifications, you can follow an upgrade path to multiple MCTS certifications.
MCITP: Server Administrator Boot Camp (five days) - GK6113
|Prerequisite MCTS certification
|| Recommended Training|
Exam 70-640: TS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring
Course 6425: Configuring and Troubleshooting Windows Server 2008 Active Directory Domain Services (five days)
Course 6426: Configuring and Troubleshooting Identity and Access Solutions with Windows Server 2008 Active Directory (three days)
|Exam 70-642: TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
Course 6421: Configuring and Troubleshooting a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure (five days)
Professional Series exams
Exam 70-646: PRO: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
|Course 6433: Planning and Implementing Windows Server 2008 (five days)|