The CCDA certification (Cisco Certified Design Associate) indicates foundation knowledge of network design for the Cisco converged network. CCDA certified professionals can design routed and switched network infrastructures involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organisations.
CCENT (ICND1) is now required for all delegates wishing to achieve CCDA Certification. CCNP Switching Knowledge is also recommended but is not required.
CCDA Exams and Recommended Training
CCDA certifications are valid for three years. To recertify, pass ONE of the following before the certification expiration date:
- Pass any current CCNA Level 2 exam (ICND2, IINS,IUWNE,ICOMM,SSPO,SPNGN2,DCICN,VIVND or DESGN), or
- Pass any current 642-XXX professional level exam, or
- Pass any current Cisco Specialist exam (excluding Sales Specialist exams or MeetingPlace Specialist exams, Implementing Cisco TelePresence Installations (ITI) exams, Cisco Leading Virtual Classroom Instruction exams, or any 650 online exams), or
- Pass any current CCIE Written Exam, or
- Pass the current CCDE Written Exam OR current CCDE Practical Exam, or
- Pass the Cisco Certified Architect (CCAr) interview AND the CCAr board review to extend lower certifications.